Everything you need to know to preserve the value of your books when considering repair, preservation or restoration.
Restoration done well can (most times) elevate a book, preserving the original binding and the value.
Done poorly it can destroy the value or even the whole book.
During my many years restoring books I have done things for clients' books that are nearly undetectable. When they sell the book later, do the owners disclose these things?
That's where this book comes in.
I am lifting the veil to show you how to really look at books and see what has been done to them, whether it is repair, preservation, or restoration. This is also the book to read to find out who to send your book to for restoration and what to ask the professional to make sure your book comes back to you the way you want it.
The Kickstarter funded at 120%! Thanks to everone who kicked in! You can still pre-order your copy. Just click on the Supplies tab above.
Included in Book Restoration Unveiled:
- The Evolution of Book Collecting and Restoration
- How to Identify Book Restorations
- Interviews with book experts on the value and problems of restoration
- Stories and photos of actual restorations
- Book Damage Assessment and Options
- Repair vs. Restoration vs. Conservation
- Why Restore Books?
- Facsimiles, Sophistication and Fraud
- When restoration can improve a book's value and when to leave it alone.
- Who Restores Books?
- Where to Get Help for Your Books
- Buying and Selling Restored Books Wisely