5-104: Repair a Paperback: Boy Scout Handbook (that is broken into sections) without Removing the old Glue
Repair a Paperback: Boy Scout Handbook (that is broken into sections) without Removing the old Glue
This lesson will teach you how to repair a paperback in sections. It specifically addresses the Boy Scout Handbook. Read along and click on any links to get more information. Many of the links are videos. There are 5 lessons
- Type of Book: Modern Paperback (bound with a modern, white, petroleum-based glue)
- This Specific Book: The Boy Scout Handbook (modern paperback)
- Issue: The book has fallen apart into sections
- Treatment: Cut into the spine and use cords to help re-connect the sections.
- 1 Separate the Cover from the Text-block.
- 2 Repair the Text-block:
- 3 Repair/Strengthen the Cover:
- 4 Re-case. Reattach the Text-block back into the Cover.
- 5 Tools and Materials
- 30 Minutes of Videos
- PERPETUAL CAVEAT: Never repair rare and/or scarce books. When in doubt only do preservation treatments and consult an accredited professional.
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 0
- Students 21
- Assessments Yes