2-117b: New Spine for a Single Signature Book
How to Make a New Spine for a Single Signature Book
Making a new spine for a single signature book is pretty easy. This type of book is typical of many children’s books.
- Type of Book: Single signature children’s book with paper covered boards
- This Particular Book: A is for Angel
- Issue: Paper Spine is torn off.
- Treatment: Repair and re-sew signature and add New book-cloth spine
- Step by Step Instructions
- 30 Minutes of Video
- PERPETUAL CAVEAT: Never repair rare and/or scarce books. When in doubt only do preservation treatments and consult an accredited professional.
Tools and Materials: If you have the Basic book Repair Kit and Level One Tools and Materials you are all set.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 21
- Assessments Yes